1/2 of Mark's Baker's Dozen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wasn't going to post any info on this project until it was completed, but folks over at another forum were bored, so I gave them a quick peek.

This (for me) will be the end-all, beat-all of sub projects I've ever done. Will it be the last? Dunno...

My design goals for this project are simple:
- It must sweep tons of air
- It must NOT weigh a ton
- It must surprise those who see/listen to it
- It must be priced low enough for others to replicate or modify it

I will be posting more info on the Mach 5 Testbed website for those of you who are mildly curious on the methodologies of this build.

The image was too large to post here so I posted a link to my site:

http://www.mach5audio.com/download/1.jpg

Best,
Mark

I am actually contemplating using your MAW12 drivers, 4 of them. However, to give me the deep bass results I am looking for, I will need 2, 10ft^3 (internal)vented, tuned to 15hz supplying 250w per sub. Considering shipping costs, I will probably go another route with an Elemental Design 19 Ov.2 in a 13ft^3 vented tuned to 17hz and a Behringer ep2500.

Keep me posted on this design you're doing. How much volume is each speaker getting? Wired in parallel, you would have 2, 2.66ohm loads. Perfect for the EP2500!

The overall height is about 7'4". Its front heavy (naturally) but quite stable with the 3" feet I used. It would take a fair bit to knock them over.

I'm going to be driving them with a Crest CC2800 amp. I've wired them in a way that I can flip between 6 Ohms and 2 Ohms if I wish.

I'll be posting full info on the design at the Mach 5 Testbed site in the coming days.

Best,
Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.