How to calculate the BL of driver - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th October 2006, 03:50 PM   #1
p_eric is offline p_eric  China
diyAudio Member

Smile How to calculate the BL of driver

Hi,

I am a rudimental guy of driver.I want to know the BL of driver by calculate,who can tell me How to calculate the BL of driver,thanks!

BL=B*L(TM)

But how to confirm the L,thanks!:
Old 12th October 2006, 08:03 PM   #2
Svante is offline Svante  Sweden
diyAudio Member

L is the length of thread that is exposed to the magnetic flux density B. The unit is tesla*meter or newton/ampere (which is the same thing). Calculating Bl from B and L is typically only possible for the loudspeaker manufacturer, we other deadly people measure it as the force factor, ie we run a current through the coil an detects the force generated in one way or another.
Old 12th October 2006, 08:10 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I don't know how to do it but WINISD does. Assuming all other driver parameters are correct, enter what you have into WINISD and it will fill in the blanks.
Old 13th October 2006, 02:05 PM   #4
claudio is offline claudio  Italy
diyAudio Member

Hi,
knowing the T/S parameters BL=2,51*√(Fs*Re*Mms/Qes).
Old 13th October 2006, 03:42 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thanks all,

I know that the BL may pass some softwares to obtain(eg finemotor or spead), but if know that the magnet of the driver and a specification of voice coil only, how to beg the BL, have the in general use formula? Thanks!
I am a primers of dirver designs, so want to know whether there is such formula can beg the BL.

Execuse me, my English is not good, hope your apprehensibility the meaning that I say, also hope to get the help of everyone, thanks!
Old 13th October 2006, 06:12 PM   #6
Ron E is offline Ron E  United States
diyAudio Member

Diy dynamic driver

Bl is just the magnetic field in the gap times the length of wire in the gap. The fringing field may be approximated, but because of it there is no simple formula. At the link above you may find a driver design spreadsheet that I made.
Old 13th October 2006, 11:00 PM   #7
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Greets!

Cool! Thanks for sharing!

GM
Old 14th October 2006, 03:57 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Dear Ron E ,

Thank you for your help,Your document of Excel is very good, very practical, thanks!ˇˇHowever I want to know that how "Rms" is obtain, the "BL" calculates through this formula of( Res=( BL)^2/( Rms+2 Rmrses) that arrive the "Res" and is how to beg?
Hope your help, thanks!

Eric
Old 15th October 2006, 12:33 AM   #9
Ron E is offline Ron E  United States
diyAudio Member

Rms is a characteristic of the spider and surround and the voice coil former material. It is a lumped measure of the mechanical losses in the moving system. It is a material characteristic which must be measured, although there are general trends...

Conductive formers have a higher Rms, as generally do heavier surrounds. Each of these has an individual contribution, and when lumped together they constiitute Rms. As Rms increases, it causes a lower Qms and a lower impedance peak.

I'm not sure what you are asking in the last bit with the formula? Are you working on an electrical impedance model/simulation?
Old 15th October 2006, 04:45 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Dear Ron,

Thank you for your help, the material of the vibration system affects to the Rms very greatly, especially the voice coil former affects to the Rms biggest. The demand writes in the Rms concrete value in your document of Excel, I want to know that how you are makes sure what this be worth
Thanks,

Eric
Attached Images
File Type: gif 001.gif (8.0 KB, 190 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!