How to calculate the BL of driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
L is the length of thread that is exposed to the magnetic flux density B. The unit is tesla*meter or newton/ampere (which is the same thing). Calculating Bl from B and L is typically only possible for the loudspeaker manufacturer, we other deadly people measure it as the force factor, ie we run a current through the coil an detects the force generated in one way or another.

Thanks all,

I know that the BL may pass some softwares to obtain(eg finemotor or spead), but if know that the magnet of the driver and a specification of voice coil only, how to beg the BL, have the in general use formula? Thanks!
I am a primers of dirver designs, so want to know whether there is such formula can beg the BL.

Execuse me, my English is not good, hope your apprehensibility the meaning that I say, also hope to get the help of everyone, thanks!

Dear Ron E ,

Thank you for your help,Your document of Excel is very good, very practical, thanks!¡¡However I want to know that how "Rms" is obtain, the "BL" calculates through this formula of( Res=( BL)^2/( Rms+2 Rmrses) that arrive the "Res" and is how to beg?
Hope your help, thanks!

Eric

Rms is a characteristic of the spider and surround and the voice coil former material. It is a lumped measure of the mechanical losses in the moving system. It is a material characteristic which must be measured, although there are general trends...

Conductive formers have a higher Rms, as generally do heavier surrounds. Each of these has an individual contribution, and when lumped together they constiitute Rms. As Rms increases, it causes a lower Qms and a lower impedance peak.

I'm not sure what you are asking in the last bit with the formula? Are you working on an electrical impedance model/simulation?

Dear Ron,

Thank you for your help, the material of the vibration system affects to the Rms very greatly, especially the voice coil former affects to the Rms biggest. The demand writes in the Rms concrete value in your document of Excel, I want to know that how you are makes sure what this be worth
Thanks,

Eric

Attachments

• 001.gif
    001.gif
    8 KB · Views: 570
It's a typo of sorts:

Mdt = lumped total mass = Md (diaphragm mass) + Ma (air load on both sides of diaphragm - all series masses).

Mms in some contexts is just the diaphragm, but it really is somewhat arbitrary and depends on how you define it. You could say Mms = Mmd (diaphragm) + Mma (airload). I often use Mdt and Mms interchangeably.

You can figure it out by knowing that:
Vas = 1.18*345^2*Sd^2/((2*pi*Fs)^2*Mdt)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.