fiberglass enclosure: shape, order questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello:

I'd like to make a fiberglass enclosure that will fit in my New Beetle's trunk w/ minimal impact on the limited space. I was wondering a few things. One, can I have either a tube-like or a flat and wide passage connecting two square-ish enclosures? And, if I can and just have to figure out the total volume, what would be the best order design? Passive Radiator in one enclosure and speaker in the other because it will still be pretty small? Two, how do you tune a vented or PR box w/ polyfil? Do you tune it lower because the box is seen as larger by the speaker?

Thanks,
Aaron

Two small enclosures linked by a tube will not act like a single larger one, weird shapes are fine but extremes will behave in unforseen ways.

Sealed generally yeilds best results in a car (assuming we're talking about sound quality) if you only have 2 small seperated enclosures available then choosing 2 suitable woofers for the available volume/s is the best choice.

The primary effect fill has is damping, any thermal effects that would make the enclosure appear larger are very minimal and usually not worth worrying about (or relying on)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.