TL design vs driver parameters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I built this nice sub with the Tangband W69-1042 see http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86388. just a straight TL with A=Sd.

Since a co-worker would like a new sub, and he thought the sub with the W69 was rather large, I thought of a similar TL employing the W6-1108SA. both fs and Qt are close to those of the W69 so it was my expectation that I could simply scale the design for the smaller Sd. NOT! The simulation of the TL with MLK's 'driver offset' sheet showed a different respons, much less low. where the W69 had a rather flat curve from 100 down to 40Hz (see pic below) the W6 rolled off much earlier (sorry, forgot to make a snapshot, will post this later) with -5bB @40Hz. I tried to tweak the design, longer pipe, taper but the basic form of the curve remained the same

so there's more than just fs and Qt ....

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.