Pioneer A38GU40 or A30IR50 sub?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!
I've already planned on a 4-way system with Audax AP130MO, HP100MO, and NOS Audax/Polydax DTW100SP25BA 1" domes, but am still looking for the sub driver. I'm fairly sure the Pioneer 15" A38GU40-52F-Q or 12" A30IR50-51F would work very well with the Audax, but I've never heard these particular models. Anyone heard either, and what can you say about their sound quality and performance?

Thanks, TTYL!!

something about pioneer drivers, i really like. Paper cones, so its well damped and has a smooth HF roloff, and very functional looking.

are you doing a passive crossover? if you are i would HIGHLY suggst you move to a 3 way, even 3 way passives are a pain, but 4 way? thats active territory!

While I've not heard any of the pioneer models.. their Vas is high requireing a very large volume, and their linear excursion is pretty low.

Of the pioneer grouping I actually like spec's on the 10 inch pro model better - eff. with a low fs.. good for a bass reflex design with a low freq. (high pass) cut filter. Because of the higher eff. (especially for a 10 incher) - it prob. has a very high force factor in comparison to the moving mass (..which tends to give a more detailed, dynamic, and punchy sound).

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=290-094

Just got back home today, sorry for the late response. Yes I'll be using an active x-over, I have several amps/multi-channel amps, and 4-way passive would be "way over my head".

A large Vas driver is actually what I'm looking for, thinking about trying a TL with a higher sensitivity/low Xmax driver. The two should combine to make both detailed and strong bass! Thanks for your help!

TTYL!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.