Denon D-M30s + Subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Denon D-M30s stereo, and want to add a subwoofer. My question is, if I connect the subwoofer, will it relieve the other speakers of those low frequencies? Or will everything be the same, except I'll have another speaker playing the lowest frequencies? (BTW, the D-M30s does have a deticated subwoofer output, and is the RCA cable type.)

Thanks,
Zeb

If you receiver has a subwoofer output then it is allmost certain that when you enable it the sound going to the other speakers will be passed through a highpass.
not necesarily, alot of the new receivers have different settings to configure this. For example mine has LFE to sub and mains, LFE to sub only, and of course no sub, with full range to the mids. With the popularity of sat/sub increasing, receivers need more options to keep up with speaker trends.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.