Some help building a PA please? W-Bins??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yeah, well i am quite a quality conscience - at home! My dad owns a Mastering studio called Cyclone Music Productions ltd and (obviously) hes a bit of an audiophile. Part of this has rubbed off on me, but...I do crave a loud system for my Parties! :D

I'll build these cabs and stick the Beta 15's in em and then probably blow them up in about 6 months. Then i'll order some JBL 2226's and put them in. That should give me a fairly compact system (storing the Bass Bins in my local Village Hall, where most of my Parties are) with some punch.

Does anyone know of anywhere i can get a pair of JBL 2226's?

Thanks, Joe.

Yes, quality and percieved loudness seems to be mutually exclusive.
Horns give a clear sound, at higher levels they are unbeatable at that game.

Well, i better tell about experiences with my own system.
Its an all horn system, but it will never be "loud". The sound is always soft and gentle, especially at extreme levels when the noise from the audience cant be heard anymore...

-------------------------------

I do however wonder what dynamic leveldifferences the ear can percieve more or less simultaneously.
-Its easy to hear a paperclip fall on the floor in a silent room, but in a noisy pub it is impossible to hear that.

So the question is how loud does the paperclip need to be to be heard? OR how loud is the PA when it feels like complete silence "between each note" in a disco?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.