Acousta-stuf question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone, I just had a quick question thats been bugging/stopping me from filling my subwoofer box. I ordered a 1lb bag of Acousta-Stuf from PE to fill my ~1ft^3 subwoofer box. When I got it I realized what could be a problem, I have a 500W rms oaudio bash amp which is great except that there is no 'back' on it. So if I did stuff the cabinet it would be touching parts of the amp, and I dont know if that is frowned upon.

If it turns out that they should not touch, maybe insulation would be work better since I could just secure the sheets to the walls?

As a side note, is it ok to use acoustic foam from resonance and some type of filling for damping?

Thankyou

Jiggity said:

If it turns out that they should not touch, maybe insulation would be work better since I could just secure the sheets to the walls?

As a side note, is it ok to use acoustic foam from resonance and some type of filling for damping?

Thankyou

I've used polyfill in enclosures with un-backed plate amps before with no issues, all fill materials that I know of are not electrically conductive.

Acoustic foam is pretty useless at bass frequencies unless it's almost filling the internal space, in which case you may as well just use polyester fill (or fluffy fibreglass in sealed enclosures) thay are cheaper and do a better job in this suitation.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.