Tolerances on AV15

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
I'm quite frustrated by this driver, and would appreciate input from anyone else that has measured it.

My results, after two days of running in at 16Hz are shown below. They don't seem correspond with the listed parameters, even slightly. :scratch:

Attachments

• av15.png
    av15.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 244
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
richie00boy said:
Would you be prepared to try another measurement method?

I'll try anything at the moment. My SW setup does seem to be accurate though, measurements on other drivers do correspond pretty well to published datasheets...

Additional info- that is measured with the coils in series to give a 4Ohm load, the souncard doesn't seem to like driving 2ohm loads. When I get home, I might try using a power amp to buffer the signal to a few watts

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
It was clamped in an open door frame for testing, I don't have a fancy jig like yours! :)

As I said above, I've put this to one side for the moment to try and decrease the pile of half finished projects littering my workshop. I suspect that longer running in may well be the answer, the only problem is I can't do anything else whilst I'm doing it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.