Cerwin-Vega 189 E

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just reciently purchesed a set of Cerwin-Vega 189 E 18" Subs
I am trying to find out as much as I can about them but havnt had much luck. I have found out more here than anywhere else & I was hopeing somone would be able to tell me more.

I need to know how much power these subs can handle safely. I am sure that one has been rebuilt the 8 olm rating has been crossed out & 4 olm is wrote on the tag there is nothing on the other. Is there a way to check & see if both speakers are the same? If one is 4 & the other is 8 am I correct to assume that the 4 will handle twice what the 8 will?

My second question is the boxes that they are going in are not ported do I need to port them before I start using them?
The box demintions are aprox 20" x 18" x 24" if I do need to port them how much do I need?

I am very new to this & only have a basic understanding of it all any additional info would be greatly appreciated
Thank You

Fs 30.5
QTS 0.227
Qes 0.241
Qms 3.86
Vas 8.617 cu ft
xmax 5.2 mm
sd 165.1 sq inch
Bl 26.77
Pe 400
Z 8
Re 5

apparently designed for horn loading,
+ no the 4 ohm will not handle 2x power
+ it will have different specs Z, Re, Qes, Qts, (+ xmax ?)

Check Re with a multimeter to see if they are different.

You need to model excursion limited power handling in WinISDpro.

:)/sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.