My discovery - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th June 2006, 08:04 PM   #1
Ric_LV is offline Ric_LV  Latvia
diyAudio Member

Default My discovery

I guess many people know this, but still, maybe some don't. As I work as a mobile DJ, I have my own PA system. The system works well in large rooms (400-500 m2), but once I had to have a small party in a little room - 50 m2. The mid-high was perfect as I didn't use even half the power, but the low freq. just disapeared in the little room. There was no punch. I have two simple-design sealed 18" subs made from 22mm plywood. Anyway, what I did was, I placed the subs in the two corners of the room and aimed the drivers' cones just towards the corner. I left about 60cm from the corner. The bass was alive again!
Old 29th June 2006, 10:10 PM   #2
jwatts is offline jwatts  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Far Field /Near Field

Far Field /Near Field

By some PA speakers with 8 or 10 inch drivers and your bass in the small room will come alive again.

Hide this!Advertise here!