How to connect a sub???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I've got wonderful plans for building a pair of active stereo-subs but before I proceed it might be good to check if it's feasable...
There are a few things that I'm a little doubtful about.

The plan is to use Rod Elliot's (ESP, project 48) circuit for operating subs below their Fs, giving output from around 20 to 60hz, no high pass filter for the main speakers. They will be powered by a pair of class D amps (www.41hz.com)

What's keeping me awake is that I'm not to sure how to connect the subs. I have an integrated tube amp - should I just connect the active subs to the amp outputs (together with the main speakers)?? Won't I have excessive gain for the subs that way or is that taken care of by the subamps volume controls?

Cheers,

Simon

out of preamp for line level connection(RCA) and out of speaker terminals for high level input (the speakers jacks, you can paralell these with the main speakers, if you do not want to use the plate amps built in crossover on the speakers(note: these are usually lower quality, fixed frequency high pass crossovers, id advise against them)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.