Finished - Pics of my new push-pull subwoofer with 2 x 12" + Bash amplifier :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Alright X, you must break out some English for us and tell us how it sounds. Please.

The design is very nice indeed and the cabinet work is very well done.

Bravo Sir!

Edit: My comments were not strong enough originally. The revision goes as follows:

That's f***ing Awesome!

I'm glad I got that off my chest.

Xmax BR,

I have to do this: Congratulations!

You already knlow that i´m a big fan of your great job with loudspeakers, and already congratulate you in our Brazilian forum, but your job realy make diference in DIY Audio.

I wish i was there to listen this "little baby"... :)

Regards,

Doug

New Toy :)

aS2020463.jpg

S2020203.jpg

S2020210.jpg

Dears,

I finished one new subwoofer to my friend...

Look more pics here: http://www.mrweb.com.br/fvm/meliante/ :)

Tks,

Renato

Ap said:
Can someone explain the idea of a push-push subwoofer to me?
Is the box volume twice that of a single driver & are the drivers wired in same or reverse polarity? Thanks.
Push-push generally means the woofers are mounted in the same orientation and are powered in phase. "push-push" has nothing to do with box size, although if you want to keep the same response with more drivers you have to multiply the internal volume by the according factor.

Push-pull means the woofers are mounted facing opposite directions and are powered out of phase.

M&K do the same thing in some of their subs.

Nice work.

My only issue is regarding using push pull with drivers not mounted on the same baffle. I emailed Linkwitz regarding having the drivers apart, and he stated the only way he would do it is with both drivers on the same baffle. It doesn't make sense to me that they should have to be that close, however I'm inclined to think twice since I regard his opinion very highly as one of the great leaders in speaker design.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.