brahma, koda, shiva, tempest.. looking for a home sub please view

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys i know that you've probably read about 1,000 message like this, but my options in canada is very limited.

I currently have tempest in a car ported box tuned to approx 28 hz. It gets very loud.

I'm trying to replicate it in my house. I'm very limited with $$$. The cheaper i can buy the sub / amp combo the more money i can spend on front speakers...

What are my options with adire? go with a shiva with a 600 watt plate amp? or is it better to go with a power amp? another driver? ported / vented?

I've noticed lead slap with my tempest also, so i don't really want to get another one. I was kinda leaning on brahma.

My goals is to have a good sub, that will play music very well along with movies... Also i'm looking to have a fairly small box with the sub (wife factor).

I intend on putting in a home theatre room in my house.

Any suggestions are welcome... The supplier that i'm looking at is CSS creativesound.com, and solen.ca for the amps.

i recently purchased a Dayton 15 DVC, and a Rythmik audio 250 plate amp for mostly music and some HT. and have been more than happy with the performance. i also like the Daytons price and, 5 year warranty where alot of other brands have only 3 year! might be worth a look! good luck with your project! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.