Mixing two types of sub boxes?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay - I've got the Big Box o' Whoopass almost ready (two Dayton Quatro 15s (can be wired either individually, as 8 ohms, or as 2 ohms) in a 11.75 cubic foot box tuned via 3 ports to 21hz), and I've been thinking of what to do with the two drivers that will be coming out of the Big Cans o' Whoopass (which will take up too much space... there, I said it...).

Was planning on just building a second Big Box o' Whoopass, but then I sorta impulse purchased a Crown XLS-402 and a Behringer FBQ3102 equalizer... The EQ has a sub out with a crossover on it. Which means I can set my front speaks as "large," my sub management as "send to LFE _and_ your mains, you idiot," and then let the EQ's sub out keep the cute widdle 6" drivers in my mains from self-destructing next time I watch a Star Wars flick...

So... I'm sort of thinking of a smallish ported/sealed box... If I nerf the port, I'll be looking at a Qtc in the low sevens. And ported, a 3.5 cubic foot box will be a trifle humpty, but hey, could be interesting for parties, and I can always play a little with my EQ/BFD...

What do you guys think? Will I notice strangeness with two different sub alignments? Realize that I'm not planning on giving this four freakin' driver setup a _real_ workout - I like my house too much...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.