Opinions on Focal subs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, this is more car audio oriented, but I'm asking here because it's a driver question mostly.

I'm looking to do an IB install in my car (as much of one as one can...results are similar) and I'm considering a pair of Focal 33v 13" subs. They're their polyglass line if that rings a bell. Basically, I'm wondering what you all think about their subwoofers in general. The concensus on the car audio boards seems to be Great Soud, Not Enough Output. Do you agree with that? I'd be giving the pair ~600w (right at their RMS)

I talked to Matt Bogardt from Image Dynamics and he said that they woudl work, but likely lack low end. I'm asking because the guy interested in my JL 10w7 has a pair that pretty much new and he's wanting to trade.

thanks for the opinions

oh, and the specs:
http://www.focal.tm.fr/gb/car/archives/polyglass/33v.htm

I knew that was the case for midbass drivers (to run in doors vs. kick pannels) so I thougt it may be true for subs too, but I wasn't quite sure. I think I'm going to go through with the deal. If anything I can build some quick sealed boxes and give them an honest listen and at least gain some good experience with a new woofer, sell them and get something that may better fit the demands of the job.

Hell, I may get squirrly and cross the subs over at 30hz and run a 15 glassed into the tire well (to save space) down from there to really get some low-lows. It'd take some tuning and the KISS method is normally best, but why not play around and learn? Learning is the best part of a hobby right?

thanks guys!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.