Subwoofer (Sealed) Problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys, I need help with this.

I made a nice sealed enclosure sub for my system (as if I need anymore bass) but anyway, I used an Alpine R type 10" sub in a 15" X 15" X 15" cube all sealed. I find it produces excellent bass, but only if you go to the other end of the room away from it. Can anybody give ideas on how to "localise" the bass a bit. You hear almost no bass at all unless you get at least 8 feet away. :(

Well, I have the sub nearly in the middle of the room and I have to go to one of the corners for good bass. I put it on a back wall, then I have to still go to a far corner for good bass. The bass in the corner is absolutely phenomenal, good tone and lots of power, but there's almost no bass in the majority of the room.

Jared: When you say near the wall, you mean facing it right?

Well, I'll try some more stuff anyway. I suppose my listening room could be too small. How small is too small for a 15" cube???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.