First horn woofer - ideas please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
G'day soundNERD

If you want to build a 40Hz bass horn with a 4" driver, you'll have to start from scratch. Be aware that a 40Hz bass horn with 4" driver will be MUCH bigger than a similar horn with two 10"s or a 15". The required path length would be very long and the folding would be complex. Why don't you use your 10"s?????:confused: :confused:

cowan audio you must be pretty much sick of this thread!

i noticed that the eminence delta lf has a high qes, close to .7!!

how does a higher QES affect the hornloading proscess? alter FR? reduce powerhandling? im kinda in the dark.

if youre feeling reallllly nice, you could always link me to some places where i can learn some of this stuff for myself.(i have tonnes of time, i never do my homework:bigeyes: )

>cowan audio you must be pretty much sick of this thread!

Yeah, it's going that way

>i noticed that the eminence delta lf has a high qes, close to .7!!

It's funny what comes out in the wash. No substitute for running a model.

>if youre feeling reallllly nice, you could always link me to some places where i can learn some of this stuff for myself.

Play with horn response

Read Marshall Leach's paper on horn design

Read the Labhorn thread at: http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/f/3/0 specificly posts by Tom Danley

Build some horns and measure them.

> i never do my homework )

Yes you do, just not what your teacher wants you to do :whazzat: :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.