single cabinet...dual rlp-15's...push pull? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th March 2006, 09:32 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to kramskoi
Default single cabinet...dual rlp-15's...push pull?

since my new Tumult 15d2 is belly up defective after 3 days, i need to find a use for a 3.5 cu.ft. box.

I'm thinking of adding another 1.5-2.5 cu.ft. to the cabinet and mounting a rl-p 15 at each end...opposite one another.

I would welcome all input and anyone with experience with a design like this.

I'm also wondering if a push-pull design would net more output and would there be any cancellation issues from having a driver on opposite ends.

I'm hoping to keep the same or better distortion characteristics as one Tumult 15" for the same level of output.

The Tumult hit 115 dB without distress so i'm hoping that i can still keep things clean with the twins. It models about 5+ dB higher than a single Tumult at all frequencies >20 Hz

Someone mentioned that there will be a release soon...incorporating this very idea. Thanks
Old 26th March 2006, 11:34 AM   #2
simon5 is offline simon5  Canada
diyAudio Member

You won't have cancellation issues unless you crossover really high. Distortion will be lower too.

Hide this!Advertise here!