is it possible?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is it possible to make your existing home theatre system louder? ive got this 500W panasonic ht and its just not loud enought and i dont have any money right now.... also what about the subwoofer.. its like a 6" non power which sucks but i really cant seem to hear it... is there any way to make either one of those louder(whole surroundsound system or just the sub)

I think speakers are the answer

Those HT systems with micro speakers get very little sound for their power because of horrible inefficient little boxes. My old college system of a 35W/channel radio shack receiver and clunky old JBL 902VX (12" Woofers with moderately large ported box) speakers can just about make your ears bleed.

I would start by replacing the speakers with full sized high efficiency speakers of your choice and add a decent powered sub with 10" or larger driver.

I think this would be more effective than trying to add more power.

mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.