Suggestions on plate amps for my subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have recently downloaded a freeware program that allows me to put in details like qts and qms to design a subwoofer enclosure. I have a 15" sub and I have provided a picture with a graphical representation of what the box should look like after it is done and all of its specifications. Also not that i am building two of these. I was hoping that someone could let me know what kind of plate amp or amps would be best to buy for this sub/ box combo. I'm looking for good low end response and low distortion, or high quality bass for short. I would also like to have good features like dampaning factor, crossover, etc. However I would also like to save a little money and only spend somewhere in the ball park of $200-$300. Any ideas would be great.

Attachments

• subinfo.jpg
    subinfo.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 308
EC8010 said:
Actually, no. 98dB "A" weighted S/N ratio doesn't look terribly good. I can't remember the exact attenuation of the "A" weighting curve at subwoofer frequencies, but it's significant. Look it up and see what you think.
The PE plates are basically noiseless, AFAIK. I don't know about A weighted scale but the 500w plate that was linked to is a class G in topography and since it pushes subwoofer frequencies noise shouldn't be an issue. Mine is as dark as night.

The amplifier looks pretty good. Although I didn't really stress this, but the subs are going to be relatively far apart. Two amps might be better than one. It seems like a quality amp to me, though I have no experience with them, but is there one as nice that I could buy two of and still be in the same price range. It has to be close to 200watts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.