ascendant audio "assassin" questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I believe the previous disputes had more to do with the 2nd coil on the Atlas line.I think they didn't affect the t/s parameters exactly like they were supposed to. I have 3 Atlas subs and a friend that has one as well. I run mine with the 2nd coil shorted(low qts).
From what I have noticed the discrepencies doesn't affect the performance as far as I can tell anyway. I use them for HT.
Supposedly the Assassin's are better and that IS saying something. Also they do not have the 2nd coil set up so maybe not as big of a concern. So far I have never heard anyone who was unhappy with the Atlas line.
Bostonswoop just built a Assassin 12" HT sub maybe ask him how his is performing.

To add to what MarkR has said, the major dispute about the Atlas driver was the Le. With the odd second coil configuration, it is hard to tell just exactly how Ascendant measured such a low Le of 0.86mH for the Atlas. With the Assasin drivers, they are a common voice coil configuration, and an Le of 3.0mH is very realistic. I would trust that the T/S parameters of these new drivers are correct.

I own an Atlas 12" and run the second coil in series with the first for a load of 6Ohms. I haven't had any problems with the driver, and believe that it's worth every dollar I payed for it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.