Cheap 12" drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for a pair of cheap. let me reiterate CHEAP!!! 12" 70watt 8ohm drivers.

can someone hook me up with a good site?

this is for a sub-woofer modification for a vented two speaker sub-woofer box from a car audio system.

I have already purchased my amp from apex jr. I got the Cerwin Vega ARPHU2003 SubWoofer Amp rated at 150 watts.

I am not sure how this will sound in my home audio setup but I think that it will be more than enough for my needs. I don't listen to much music but would like that good thump while watching movies.

I know that it would be better with a more powerful amp and some 100 watt speakers. please don't be to harsh of my plans.

thanks for the link. I think I found a good 12"

just want to ask to make sure this would be good for my application

the DAYTON DC300-8 12" CLASSIC WOOFER

rated 8 ohm 80 watts

If I use two of these with my 150 watt amp everything should work ok right?

I think that this setup is optimal as the two speakers will equal 160 wats giving me a 5 watt per driver leway. Im not sure about this stuff so your input is appreciated

here is a link to the driver

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=295-320

For what you want to do this would be much better for the money Id probaly go with one of these with the amp you have This would be much more suited for movies as it is a subwoofer It has almost twice the xmax of the previously mentioned wooffer and a fs of 25 hz In the proper enclosure this would give you your requested bang for the buck.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=295-490

I also failed to mention that the efficiency of the shielded dvc 12 is 94 db compared to 91 for th eclassic wooffer this along with the xmax advantage maeans that 1 shielded dvc 12 would be very comparable (on the same 150 watts ) to 2 classic 12 inch woofers and probalby much better suited for a subwoofer and cheaper

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.