Is 100 watt amp big enough for this driver?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, a few weeks ago I posted about my ipod speaker project, and it is coming along very nicely. I just order this dayton subwoofer , and 100 watt amp , but I am considering whether or not I should return it for the 250 watt amp . Is 100 watts enough for just 1 speaker?

Also, I have been looking for a 4 channel amp for my 2 tweeters, and 2 midrange, can I use the 40$ car amps I have been seeing?
car amp

I could model it for you, what size of box do you want? Ported or sealed?

If you crossover at 140 Hz, yes your mains should go down to 140 Hz.

Usually it's recommended to crossover under 80 Hz unless you're using dual subwoofers under your mains speakers.

4.5 cu.ft external or internal?

Here's a graph of 4.5 cu.ft internal with 100W imput.

Room gain will improve the low end a bit, and also expect 3 dB more if against a wall and 3 dB more again if in a corner.

Attachments

• 4tro.jpg
    4tro.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 222
oddjob7 said:
could you explain a little better how to do this?

Also, if i use a crossover from the midrange to the tweeters, would i need an amp with 2 or 4 channels?

You can find them for about thirty dollars new so a used one will be less than that. They use them for recharging trolling motor batteries. You just plug them in red to red black to black and your set. Just make sure its not a quick charger just a 12 volt battery charger. later

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.