Need Good Drivers in India!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Sumit,
Thanks for replying. Im totally new to this so please bear with me ok :)
I plan on building an amp as well as compatible speakers. I dont expect it that it will be perfectly designed but just to make a start for now.
Basically wat i want to know is that if i use LM3886 that has a spec of approx 68W output ( I know that this is only attainable under certain circumstances), how should i go about making the speaker for it? What wattage should the woofer and tweeter be?
Is there any rule of thumb for this?
I have heard of Thiele/Small parameters but im not at that level as yet.(lots of studying to do)

I have absolutely no idea about cost :D but im willing to spend(and learn). How much will decent drivers be???
The room is abt 10mx6m.
I would like the look of tall floorstanding speakers.
These are for listening to music.
I live in Goa but i think i should be able to get stuff from Bangalore if you/someone can tell me where

Thanks,
Vernon

hi..

" What wattage should the woofer and tweeter be? " Because u are starting... start with Bolton... go for a 8ohms, 8" woofer (rs380 or so) with about 60 to 80 watts of power handling. For tweeter go for the 3" cone types...or u can go for the 1" domes also ( but these are not good enough)....

if u r willing to spend more u can go for 7" woofers and 1" domes from Vifa ( http://www.corrson.com/). The above site also has diy speaker kits. You can buy and assemble one of their kits to be safe. Play around with the crossovers to learn a lot. Don't play too much if u don't understand what u r doing....probably u would ruin the tweeters.....

Happy diying
sumit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.