long subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
gday all!
I want to build the subwoofer, on width of the room as stands for fullrange speakers (TQWP)
it's looks like 3-4 meter long, 0.5-0.6 meter height and 0.5 meter depth pedestal.
I hope will be able to make it good-looking. :)
now I'm consider about 2 version:
1. sealed common box based on 2, or even more drivers, worked for 1 filtered amp.
2. two horn's, worked for 1 filtered amp, along the edges of sub, or on the contrary - on center of sub.
finaly I have to get sound precure quite enough for TQWP - it's about 90 db per ones, so I need 96 db summary.
would somebody help me, or dissuade from this idea?
thank you.

.5 m x .5 m x 4 m = 1 cubic meter (1000 liters, or 35 + cubic feet). Plenty of room for four 15 inch woofers, sealed or vented as you wish. You could probably match or exceed that 90 dB / 1 watt sensitivity. 20 Hz at 110 dB should be no problem (with some eq if the box is sealed). Hope your home is built on a solid foundation!

GM

Joined 2003
Greets!

'Sounds' like a plan and one I've periodically recommended. Note that summing two channels only increases SPL by ~3 dB, not 6 dB. Paralleling multiple subs off of the LFE channel OTOH does add 6dB for two since each is getting the same voltage drive.

GM

thank you, gentlemen!
to simon5 - would you explane and show me plan of TL sub for 4-5 meter? I had no experience about TL and sub, based on TL yet.

to lousymusician.
yes, it's looks like 1000 liters. prety good for TV, CD stand and nice view for room design. I wont make a big loud, I'm just want to make it ... ) realistic.

to GM
Sir! unfortunatly I don't know any long like the room sub plans.
would you show it to me?
thank you.

I'd like to explain you what's a TL, but I don't know much on them.

GM or MJK could help you.

http://www.quarter-wave.com/

BTW, you got 1000 liters like lousymusician said, so you could go with 4x 15 inches drivers ported low (15 - 20 Hz) and it would be simply awesome, you'll reach your goal of 93 dB efficiency.

If you want to go for ultra loudness, a horn would beat the ported enclosure if you don't care for stuff under 30 Hz.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.