new subwoofer done!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Evil i can but i just sufaced mounted it. Im going to get some silcone sealer and take it off and re seal it. See how that works i think its an air leak that turns into a rattle.....
I used pan head screws but i think they me tightend uneven also. I put the sub in whilst my Brother in law screwd that down....next time ill do it my self. ;)

i used huricane nuts for the sub with cap screws gave it a good look and fit in the gasket that came with the woofer. today i put the sillicone sealer to the amp will see what happens after it drys i think it should seal up nicely.
But now im a little concernd about the speaker gasket i dont think it leaks but almost wonder if i shouldnt seal it with sillicone also.
Swoop

Evil I am really sorry for neglecting this post of mine. One thing i probly would have done is reinforce this box more then the plans for the atlas give. I find that the box has a fair amount of vibration with the 3/4 mdf with the design they give. Im guessing little more deadness (is that a word?) would be better.

Also i used steal cone feet from PE for mine to decouple it.
I also sealed these on when i sealed the amp cuse you cant get them really tight and worried about vibration.
I still havent had any leaks from the woofer gasket itself yet. But would be intrested if you found any ?
The Amp seems to be sealed back up nicely i need to check it under preasure again tho been a few days.

I am guessing that the vibration felt is loss due to energy transfer because it could use an extra Brace or heavier material or maybe a dampening material on the inside.

Sorry i didnt get back to you before this. I dont know the metric size of the Cap nuts and huricanes. If i did id share.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.