Assassin 12 or Dayton DVC 12?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for the replies, overall output is the goal. Xmax won't be an issue at the amp is only 150watts RMS@4 RMS in a sealed box.

The Daytons are a 5 year warranty, the Assassins are only 3y years. I have had good luck with Daytons in the past but Ascend is a great respected company as well. At least from what I remember of the Atlas series.

I somewhat feel obligated to Dayton as I am very brand loyal, but Ascend is kind of an underdog bringing their brand new motor design to light.

It may end up being the coin's decision!

i think i would go with the Dayton Reference Series. i also have an Atlas but, due to the controversey in the past over the T/S Paramaters of the Atlas drivers which still, have not been corrected to this date that i am aware of so, i would have to go with the Dayton Reference Series.

longblock454 said:
Guys, thanks again, I went with old trusty and ordered the Dayton DVCs.

Wise choice! Personally, I wouldn't have gone with those Reference subs either. Pulp-paper cones just look and definately sound better to me than aluminum cones. :D

BTW, I just recieved 3 more of the Dayton 15" DVC subs a week or so ago. So now I have a total of 4 subs getting ready to knock down walls! LOL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.