Shallow Cabinet Sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to get 30Hz, driver isn't so important. I would like something shaped like the Cain & Cain Bailey, wide, flat and not too tall. I might use two so maybe I could use smaller driver. It doesn't matter if its ported, sealed or a horn type but the form is very important. Wide, flat and not too tall.

If you would make a bass horn capable of 30 Hz it would be really large, even in optimum enviremont (corner loaded, etc.)

Looking at the Bailey it looks like an basreflex and you can form the HxWxD of a basreflex pretty much to whatever your needs or desires are. Something similar or the same in shape as the Bailey wouldn't be a problem.

What driver to use in that case isn't in my field, so I'll have to leave it to someone else. Good luck!

Wkr Johan

Thanks for the replies. Nice sub Collo, I was lloking for something with a thin profile and yours looks nice, I may try to build it. The only thing missing was dimensions for the cabinet, or at least I didn't see any. Could you please post, and the port sizes and lenghts if they are not on the site I will look again. Thanks Tom

Hi there Mau'Dibb

the external dimensions in mm are:

1130H * 200D * 590W , which for 18mm MDF walls (double front) gives a working volume of 78 litres.
A pair of ports, 86mm internal diameter, 460mm long give a tuning frequency of 29hz.

The box volume and tuning frequency are going to depend on the driver you choose, so this design is more of a guide than anything. Once you have chosen a driver, I can help you work out the box if you need.

regards
Collo

ps: It sure is hot here in Aussie at the moment - I could use one of those still suits....:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.