i got 2 new subwoofers. need help for desing a box - t\s per' inside

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i want to build a the Highest spl box that tuning to get the maximum in 55HZ

i have all the tools to build the best box.

...it is for my car...

the maximum volume of the box is 180Liter\6.357 Cu.ft.

the information of the woofers:

2 X 13' square woofers.

3' dual voice coil 4 ohm + 4 ohm - 700W
Qts 0.7
Qms 5.81
Qes 0.9
Fs 26Hz
Spl 90dB
Vas (Cu.Ft) 4.146

thanks
tamir

1. Put the parameters into WinISD Pro
2. Set box tuning to 55Hz
3. Start off with a small box size, like 30 litres. Look at the power handling graph. You should find that the design is thermally limited, i.e. by the voice coil power handling not by excursion (at your chosen 55Hz anyway).
4. Increase box size and you should hit a point when the design is excursion limited.

This is your optimum box size. It will give you best efficiency against your chosen 55Hz. It will sound like dirt though. And you will deafen yourself.

the box in isd : it is on 600WRMS amplifier.

the vent much is ok ?!

thanks.

tamir

Attachments

• 111.png
    111.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 202
Astro Power said:
thanks...

and what about the "vent much"....?

tamir

Plain WinISD sucks at predicting air velocity in the vent, since it doesn't show you how velocity changes with frequency. As a _very_ general guideline, for high spl applications calculate the speaker cone area and make your vent 1/4 of this area.

Your dual 13" square woofers sweep about 240 sq. inches, so you need about 80 sq. inches of vent area.

Dan

6cuft box, 700cm2 vent area 23cm long, this for the pair.

points to remember;

The peak in response is higher than the tuning frequency, so if the car peaks at 55hz you have to tune lower than this, so the enclosure peaks at where you want it.

The tuning of the enclosure will actually drop when loaded in a car so you have to tune a little higher to compensate. (My TL SPL enclosure tuning drops 10hz in the car)

These 2 statements do not cancel themselves out ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.