Winisd sub ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ive been fooling around with winisd alpha.

Ive noticed when you got o parameters after loading a sub that if you change the PE it will up the SPL.

Also if you Up the system input power(in Signal) that it will change the port vel.,cone excursion and such.

Now the ?'s:
1.)Is the PE in Parameters for the power that each sub will get??
Meaning if you put 2 subs in the same box each will recieve say a PE of 800watts or is it tha they both will recieve 800 between the two of them(if that makes sense)???
2.)If I change in the driver section say from to 1 to 2....is it adding the sub in the same box sharing air or is it thinking that there are two box's of equal parameters in use now........meaning 2 subs in 2 different box's???
3.)In the Signal section if I up the system input power ,is it thinking that this is the total power all Subs(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8)that are in use are seeing altogether???

Thankx
Joel the Newb:smash:

PE is the maximum power that the driver can handle.

You specify the "System input power" on the "Signal" tab. This power is divided between the drivers. For example if you had a box with two identical drivers with a PE of 250w, you would specify 500w as the "System input power"

The volume shown on the "Box" tab is the total volume regardless of the number of drivers. Note the volume is what is left in the box after you subtract the space taken up by the drivers, ports and anything else that intrudes into the box

Collo

Collo then let me ask you this?

Ive heard that is a Bad Idea to put more then one speaker in the same box sharing air,but according to Winisp it greatly enhances the low end of my speaker design doing such.

Is there a way to determine how much difference there is(spl/feq response) with two subs in seperate box's verses them in a shared box design??

Joel

There is no problem putting two drivers in one box. You need to double the volume though, because each driver requires the same volume of air that it would need if it were in a box of its own. As for frequency response, it should be identical to what you would get if you had separate boxes sitting on top of each other.

Depending on your room sizes and the existence or not of "room node" problems, you may choose to have separates, but this is a completely different issue.

regards
Collo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.