bash 300s digital amp ????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I've had one for a couple of weeks. It's a hard thing to have a strong opinion about. It works just fine, no hum, no noise, no heat (a big selling point for me, I don't want extra heat in the room when summer temps top 100 degrees for days at a time!) and it seems to push the woofer around with plenty of authority.

Drawbacks? A bit more $ than some competing conventional amps (low power daw should pay that back over time), no continuously variable phase (I can't say I miss it), no high-pass outputs for the main speakers (I'm using the filter in my HT receiver for that). The one meaningful drawback I can see is that there is apparently no rumble filter on board, so those with vented woofers and a taste for movie soundtracks played too loudly may want to look elsewhere.

whew that makes me feel better! I just got mine yesterday and looks good i was going to go with the Rythmik but Chad at Ascendent kinda recomend the BASH from parts express and Rythmik didnt seem to take credit cards so......

This is a silly question but what size bolts did you guys use and did you have any problems sealing the amp ? The gasket on it seems a bit thin but i wasnt sure how good it worked.

bostonswoop said:
This is a silly question but what size bolts did you guys use and did you have any problems sealing the amp ? The gasket on it seems a bit thin but i wasnt sure how good it worked.

I used #8 x 3/4" long round head wood screws. I didn't get a good seal with the thin supplied gasket. I could hear some flatulence from around the amp. I added some 1/4" thick x 1/2" wide weatherstripping, and no more noises.

Hey I have this amp coming soon for a project and I asked the same question about it, User opinions that is. I have to input that over at another forum, two of them, both reputable, it was brought to my knowledge that the BASH 300W plate amp has a rumble filter at about 18-20Hz region. I believe they also have the instructions to alter this much like in the 500 W version. Just my 2 cents...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.