Need help designin a box for a Kicker 0512L72

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was lookin for specifics to help someone,but all Kicker gives is a sealed and ported specs and not any general info in thier Manual.

On thier site it says the 06 which is rated the same as my 05:
Resonance frequency[fs],HZ = 34.0

Total Q-factor[qts] = .513

Equivalent volume[vas],ft3(l) = 2.2(62.5)

My trunk can fit around a 32X13X13 give or take a inch.

Ive had Bandpass in the past and love it........I looking for the most Boom for the Space I have.........I was wondering if 2 speakers in a sealed box would hit harder or one with the correctly designed box would hit harder.

I listen to technoBass notes/Rap and alot of others includin country..hehehe

But I like to have really low bass hittin capibility without losin alot of clarity for my country days.

:D

Thankx for all the help guys.
Joel

I going to make a 2 piece box and make it 6th order!!

2 cubes each side........one to 35hz the other to 78hz.

Its just killin the ported box down low and up top by 3-5dbs and has a nice slope.....

What do you think???

Any programs out there to design or draw your box out good as Ill need to put it together somewhat in my trunk:bigeyes:

Are there any free Cad Programs out???

I was thinkin about makin a 2 piece box and semi buildin it in the trunk:devilr:

Looks like it is best just to build a ported box at around 40-44hz with a subsonic filter on it for 30-35hz with a 24db cutoff to avoid over excursion under that ........

What you think??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.