MA Audio vs. Dayton

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi! I must buy for one friend two 12" good sub drivers.The choice for the moment is:
MA AUDIO MA120XE 12" DVC SUBWOOFER
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

MA Audio subwoofers are designed and built to provide the looks and performance required by the most demanding audio installations. They have been engineered with a painstaking attention to detail that you can see and hear. The MA Audio subwoofers are capable of incredible excursion and power handling that makes them favorites on the competition circuit. Power handling: *350 watts RMS/700 watts peak *Impedance: 4 ohms per coil *Magnet weight: 150 oz. *Fs: 31.09Hz. *SPL: 89.25 dB 1W/1m *Vas: 2.45 cu. ft. *Qts: 0.35 *Xmax: 12mm *Dimensions: Overall Diameter: 12.5" Cutout Diameter: 10.9" Mounting Depth: 6.75"

* Engineered and built for competition use
* Reinforced ribbed foam surround
* Non-pressed paper cone
* Powder coated stamped steel basket
* Double stacked magnets

The second in this dilemma is :

DAYTON RSS315HF-4 12" HIGH FIDELITY SUBWOOFER
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The Dayton Reference Series subwoofers take the quality and performance of the much acclaimed RS line into the subwoofer realm. As with the rest of the Reference Series, the main focus of these subwoofers is ultra-low-distortion. Second, third, and intemodulation distortion are kept extremely low by utilizing three short-circuit paths within the motor structure. A durable aramid fiber spider and extensive venting throughout provide quiet and uniform excursion. The black anodized cone, rubber surround, and custom basket give this driver a unique, high-end look. Choose the high fidelity version for home systems when you are looking for clean, low bass and are not restricted by cabinet size.

Specifications: *Power handling: 400 watts RMS/700 watts max *VCdia: 2-1/2" *Le: .95 mH *Impedance: 4 ohms *Re: 3.3 ohms *Frequency range: 23 - 1,000 Hz *Fs: 23 Hz *SPL: 89 dB 2.83 V/1m *Vas: 3.00 cu. ft. *Qms: 3.00 *Qes: .52 *Qts: .44 *Xmax: 14mm *Dimensions: A: 12-3/8", B: 11-1/8", C: 5-3/8".

* Extensively vented motor eliminates compression and allows quiet excursion
* Lightweight black anodized aluminum cone for rigidity and lower moving mass
* Triple shorting ring motor for ultra-low distortion
* 2-layer coil for reduced back EMF
* Suitable for sealed or vented enclosures
* Highest quality materials throughout for long-lasting performance

I haven`t any impressions from the MA Audio drivers and for this I ask the our forum.My choice is may be The Dayton Audio driver ,but this friend become hardened from the appearance of this MA Audio driver.The cabinet will be vented,the amp is Behringer-2x345W@4 oHms.
Thanks for the help!:smash:

this friend become hardened from the appearance of this MA Audio driver
LOL, that MA audio driver is one of the ugliest I've seen. I've never been particularily impressed with any of MA Audio's products, although they did make some class T amps in the past that I'd really like to try out.

I am assuming that since MA audio is one of your choices that this is a car audio setup? In that case, the High Output version of the Dayton driver may be better suited for the job as it probably works better in a smallish cabinet. I'm just guessing here so you'd better do some simulations in WinISD to be sure though. IMO either Dayton driver will sound far far better then the MA audio driver.

I can buy any driver from partsexpress with UPS shipping for 250$ or I can speak with Julie for the United States Post Service for 108$,but may be without any result.I can also buy two High Output Daytons ,but I save up money for this now.And the last variant: I have one friend in
Washington.May be he can buy the drivers with UPS and can ship for me to Bulgaria with the USPS.This is the price for the shipping for two Dayton drivers.I can buy a large quantity of this drivers for many friends in Bulgaria ,but with this I can`t save any money for the shipping.:smash:
I am not sure that Julie from partsexpress give me the real weight for two drivers-52lbs is her version.
But if I buy two High Output drivers I think that my two cabinets- 2x200W for medium+high will be scantys for 2x600W lows?
And if my friend buy two High Outputs I am not sure that his Behringer 2x345W can keep up this big drivers-2x700W.
For this I look for the MA Audio drivers -more cheap,not very powerfull like the Dayton Drivers,because more powerfull driver can be a problem with this amplifiers.
This is the cheaper 12" driver from MA Audio:

MA AUDIO MA121XQ 12" SUBWOOFER

The XQ Series subwoofers are designed to deliver maximum performance for a minimum price. The long-throw suspension, treated paper cone, and large magnetic assembly convert your raw amp power into awesome sub-bass output!
Specifications: *Power handling: 300 watts RMS/600 watts peak *Impedance: 4 ohms *Magnet weight: 60 oz. *FS: 29.58 Hz. *SPL: 88.36 dB 1W/1m *Vas: 3.53 cu. ft. Qts: 0.47 Xmax: 10mm *Dimensions: A: 12.25" B: 11.2" C: 6.35"

* Rubber surround
* Plated stamped steel basket
* Bumped backplate for long excursion
* Polymer coated non-pressed paper cone
* Integrated rubber mounting gasket
* Protective magnet cover
* Optimum sealed box: 0.75 to 1.25 cu. ft.
* Optimum vented box: 2 cu. ft.
* Round port diameter: 4" (x 2) *Total port area: 25 sq. in. *Port length 15.5"

In this moment I wait only for any direct impressions for this MA Audio Speakers,because in this way=more cheaper is the big priority,may be? :smash:

The price of the Peerless subs are double: 1x12" Peerless XLS= 2x12" Dayton RS.I hate Peerless because I have one faulty XLS-12" for 150 euro in my home.I can`t save my money 4-5 months for this driver and....for nothing:smash:
I allude to the MA Audio subs ,because this drivers are with very good appearance for this price and I wait only for any direct impressions.
I can`t speak for the quality of this drivers because I can`t listen it without buy it.If any have any driver from the new line of MA Audio can help me very much.I`am not confident that this is a car audio driver:whazzat: ,but I can`t buy it only for his appearance.If somebody have any experience with this brand will be great,because this is the cheaper brand in my classation for the moment and the Dayton drivers are the alternative.
MA AUDIO MA121XQ 12" SUBWOOFER price is only 69$

If somebody can help me this is the moment because I must buy the driver first thing tomorrow. :hot:

Guys I must buy 4 x DAYTON RSS315HO-4 12" HIGH OUTPUT SUBWOOFER . Now I know that the maaudio.com are only simple car driver may be only with good appearance.
It is no use to wait for any direct impressions-this is a car sub with very bad sound for Hi-Fi.In the our forum the Dayton is may be the ultimate variant for good price/good perfomance/good quality.
I can`t lay out my money and my friend money only for good appearance when nobody in this forum haven`t any driver from MA Audio. :smash:
I may be wrong?

The MA Audio driver is 2x 4 ohms.

The amplifier is also 2x 4 ohms.

He should use two Dayton Hi-Fidelity or Hi-Output, because the amplifier will overpower the MA Audio if he use a single one, and two MA Audio drivers won't use the amplifier power efficiently because you will have to use them at 8 ohms.

The Dayton is a better driver anyway. If he really want MA Audio, then make him buy four of them at 2x 4 ohms...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.