The Sub driver design or You Can Do It

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys!
I look very long time for any good driver that I can buy in my country but I can`t find.Now I look for any good info for the sub driver design, because I think that I can try make one driver for test with my two hands.I can work with metals,I have many drivers repaired by myself.
I think that I can find a good magnet,may be Tesla or any other brand.
One friend have a hydraulic press and he can try make for me any good aluminium suspension.I have many rubber surrounds and I can make the frame of the driver.In this thread I look for any readings on this themes.If I look for any good sub driver may be I look for the big Xmax, good pressure.... I know that this is one very tricky process, but I can try.I can make the voice coil,I can find many parts from old drivers.I look only for any info that can help me find the really importantly in one good sub driver.I love the big ,heavy drivers like the RE Audio XXX series and like the Ascendant Audio and Dayton drivers.This project can be destructive for many parts and for the ear of many friends ,but will be very useful for me.If any have any information for the standart ,good sub driver design can post here ,because in diyaudio we can find the schematics of many alternative technologys,but why we can`t find and any information for the classic construction?
Thanks!:smash:

Now I have many ideas,but this design is my favourite for the moment"
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
If any can explain me his prioritys and faults,because in the big thread I can`t undesrtand all for this design.
I can find any magnets ,but I think for a motor design+the flat design+a solid motor rubber-surround.Now I should calculate one 12" driver.I can use aluminium for the flat suspension and for the driver body.
Thanks pinkmouse!I wait for any help from the others guys:smash:

I wait for any help for this insane project.I think that I can use a magnet from any big motor.I can make the chassis for the driver.
2 spiders and 2 voice coils,like the design in the attached file.
This is only a simple theory.I look for any help for the simple schematics,simulation,any dimensions....
I can make one driver for test and tuning for optimal perfomance.
I have a father with a very good ear for the test
:smash:
He can help me for the driver optimisation.I can make and the voice coils.What type magnet I can use for this project?
I have many questions for this venture:confused:
Thanks!

Attachments

• jbl_differential_drive_motor.jpg
    jbl_differential_drive_motor.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 281
Thanks for your incredible help pinkmouse.
Consequently my first problem is the magnet.When I find any good magnet I can ask for any design or other help?
Can you recommend any type magnet.From what rubbish I can find any magnet.I think for any good electric motor or ...?
I plan any big driver,may be 18",but I can test the design on one little 8" russian driver.I know how beastly is the sound of this old driver and I can rate any change for the better? :smash:

Because in Bulgaria I can`t buy any good driver or the recone kit-I can`t because he is nowhere to be found.
I want try to make any driver with this flat design from any rubbish widespread use.I can make the chassis,the double voice coil ,the suspension and if somebody direct me I can find any good,big magnet.
If I have any problems with the voice coils I can use the help of one friend who works here !
I wait for any suggestions for any rubbish with big magnet for this experiment. :smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.