a second of your time please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have decided to build subwoofer box myself.I am new to anything but car audio.just box speaking can you give me a 1-10 ranking(10 being best) on different boxes for spl,sq,low frequency.
EX. ported spl 8.sq 7,lf 8

I just made up #'s as I don't really have much to compare it too.By putting it in laymans terms like this it would really help me.I don't think I have size restraints(could be wrong).Room is 23x44 for home theater and could be sized down.I have heard terms like isobarik,infinite baffle but am stumped as i have never heard them.Thank you

23 x 44 what ? -- feet? if so that's huge.

your question is not easily answered. you can build a crummy sounding speaker of any type. also probably a good sounding speaker of just about any type. i would think the shear size of your room is going to influence your decision more than anything.

there's lots of good reading on diyaudio. i would recommend you do searches and read up on what has been said before.

- Robert

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.