System Enhancement Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I could use some guidance from you wizards. Here is the background: I was given a Speakerlab system consisting of two small satellites and aa 18" cube passive subwoofer using a dual voice coil driver. All units vented. I had to replace all the surrounds. I was going to use this in my bedroom with the sub on the dresser. Unfortunately the dresser objects and there is no other option.
So plan B: Use some recently acquired Baby Advent I's.
I would like to build a single small sub, 12" cube max, to enhance the lower end. The Apex super 8 would go in a box that small but it is not a dual voice coil unit. Can it be wired to work passively by summing the lower end of both channels? If not, could it be done with the $90 apex amplifier? I am not looking for HT performance, just better lower end musically. Any advice appreciated. Victoria

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.