Finishing assembling a driver?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought an Adire Tempest subwoofer from a respectable supplier. The supplier did not actually have the subwoofer; it was shipped directly from Adire, which is normal.

The thing is when I turned the subwoofer over I noticed the spider raiser ring, I think it is called, fell down and exposed the voice coil.

My question is how do I glue it back on and make sure it will not touch the VC? I have been playing with it a little and have been having trouble finding a sweet spot where I heard nothing from moving it back and forth.

I personally think Adire should send me a replacement shipping box, pay for shipping to return it, and send me a finished one all at the same time. However they are not going to do that I am sure. I am a little upset that they sent out an unfinished subwoofer. It looks like they almost glued it…. There is a small outline that shows where a reasonable amount of glue should have been, but only an outline.

Any ideas on how to glue it with some precision, I need this subwoofer to work; the amount to have it sent back in is expensive even if I should not be paying for it.

Also this is not the subwoofer I would use in a dorm, it is actually a gift to my father because he watched a lot of movies and had every thing but a subwoofer.

I have no desire to do any thing to void the warrenty.

Adire's website says you have to buy $25 packaging plus the shipping costs to get it to you..... Then pay to have it shipped to them.

The supplier said to follow their instructions.... Adire said epoxy or superglue. (Adire is at CES, ugh)

$25 plus shipping, then more shipping (heavy subwoofer both ways), and a repair bill? That is what it looks like from my point of view if I understand all the instructions correctly. I might just be better off ordering another subwoofer if I have to pay for all of that.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hmm. That does seem a little strange for a warranty repair. I'd wait a couple of days 'till they get back from CES then give them a phone call.

:edit: You can always just return it to the dealer, (at their cost), and they should give you a full refund. That's certainly the way UK law works, and I can't see US law being much different.

pinkmouse said:
Hmm. That does seem a little strange for a warranty repair. I'd wait a couple of days 'till they get back from CES then give them a phone call.

:edit: You can always just return it to the dealer, (at their cost), and they should give you a full refund. That's certainly the way UK law works, and I can't see US law being much different.

The dealer does not even lay his hands on the drivers, he buys stock of Adire's lot and sells them from his website, Adire does all the shipping.

I think I might give them a call. I personally judge a company to make every thing right free of charge, as I recieved it this way, to be the right thing to do.

I suppose things get complicated like Adire giving me money to send the subwoofer back.... Well I suppose they could just give me a pre-paid shipping label.

Here is the information - http://www.adireaudio.com/WarrantyInfo.htm

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Dan is a nice guy, and posts regularly here, so I'm sure he's not in the business of ripping you off. As far as I see it, your complaint is with the distributor, it's them you paid the money to and have the contract of service with, so they should be your first port of call. Where the product actually came from is irrelevant, certainly in UK law.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.