Rythmik Audio 350 Basic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have one, it is ok. If you can only get the 12 db/oct version, just make sure your other speakers are sealed, or seal their vent with some foam.

I did not actually do that myself, for bass reinforcement they work fine with my ported speakers until I get my new better integrated sealed speakers finished.

hi there thanks for your reply. i have the choice between that amp or, the SA240 from Parts Express which is 240 watts with 24db crossover but, i had one already and you have to run them at 3/4 or more gain in order to get enough output as others have complained also. which do you think would give the best quality of sound for music if, i can get enough gain from the parts express amp? i just run 2 channel from power amp to speaker level input of sub amp to the Atlas 12 Thanks for your opinions, crippledchicken :)

Would like to revive this thread to ask about the extension filter on the 350 w basic.

A defeatable extension filter with separate frequency and damping control. The extension filter can be bypass with 14hz and high damping setting. Frequency is adjustable between 14, 20 and 28hz. Damping factor is adjustable between high damping (Q=0.6, or bessel filter), medium damping (Q=1.07, or 1.5db boost Chebyshev), low damping (Q=1.33, or 3db boost Chebyshev). There are a total of 9 settings available. You can use this filter to boost the bottom end or do minor correction for room response. In case you don't know, our competitor has a 6db boost at 30hz which cannot be defeated. To defeat that, you have to unmount the circuit board and do some soldering, voiding the warranty if there is one. Incorrect rumble filter not only makes the bass sound boomy, it can even bottom out the woofer.

Is this just a rumble filter? so it cuts frequencies below the frequency you select and at the level you choose?

Yes it is a second order rumble filter, it cuts frequencies below the corner freq you select. It has a selectable q level as shown in the manual. If you would like a visualization of what the filter does to your driver, use winisd, and add a second order highpass with user selected q and fs.

Also, for any naysayers in the bunch. Every amplifier out there has a rumble filter of sorts. UCD is at 4.5 Hz, Crown K2 is at 8.5 Hz. Pro amps are even higher (around 30Hz). Everyone needs a rumber filter.

crippledchicken said:
sounds like i will try it then since i had the parts express amp and wasn't too impressed with it. Thanks again, crippledchicken

hi crippledchicken,

did you buy the rythmik 350 basic ?

were you happy with it ?

was it better then the dayton ?

any things I should know before I buy ?

would you recommend it.

thanks

mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.