Magnat Xtc 300

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am thinking about this good price sub magnat XTC 300 for a home theater use and so i run a simulation with it.The problem is tha i dont have all the T/S parameters and i would be very happy if someone knows anything about them.
The sub:
DIN Durchmesser 300
Ulower cut-off frequency 19 Hz
upper cut-off frequency 1500 Hz
Nominal Power handling 250 Watt
Max. Power handling 500 Watt
Impedance 4 Ohm
soundpressure level 92 dB
Fs 30
Vas 81
Qts 0,31
Qes 0,33
Qms 8,0
Xmax 16

Specials Solid screwed aluminium die cast basket Nickel coated terminal plug Double spider 2.5” high power capton voice coil ighly flexible rubber suspension for 14 mm linear excursion (XTC 380 - 18 mm) High power multi magnet system

Attachments

• magnat.jpg
    magnat.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 243
DcibeL said:
looks like a small box and a high rolloff. What does the excursion graph look like at 250W? I would try for a larger box and lower tuning. Something like 60L and 25-30Hz?

The excursion graph showes nothing because i dont have the Sd parameter of the sub.Is there a way to find it ???I couldent make the grap linear for a biger box and lower tunig. Maybe i am
mistaking somewhere:(

Thanks

Thanks so mutch for your interest and help but i think it's not worth of risking with this kind of sub that doesent have all the T/S parameters and i will try constructing a box with the infinity kappa 1203 se. It is about 50 euro more expencive but i think it is beter than this magnat.Is it??

Although the magnat(or a sub like magnat) doesnt have all the T/S neaded it is a real chalenge for me to make it sound good but i don't have the big expirience to do it and thats the reasone i posted this graph.

I've heard good things about the Infinity Kappa Perfect subwoofers. Also look into Resonant Engineering, the peerless XLS and XXLS drivers, the Dayton Reference Series, or if you are willing to wait, Ascendant Audio. I'm sure there are other great subs out there to choose from, it's just that my mind is a little fried after a long day today.

Many car audio manufacturers don't publish the T/S specs on their website, but you usually do get them in the manual. For example Alpine has most of the manuals for their drivers available to download on their website, but you have to do a bit of searching. They should really be on the product information page, but instead all you get is some marketing bs. End Of Rant.

Thanks again for the replay and the links.I will go with the infinity sub becuese i have all the T/S and i can find it in a good price.

I want to ask some questions about the crossover
I wil drive my sub with a bpa200 amp and plug this to my creative x-fi soundblaster subwoofer output. Is it beter to use passive crossover or active cross in front of the amp???
Any links for a simple crossover schematic will be appreciated

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.