just starting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well iv been into car audio for a long time and loved it till i moved to az and it all got stolen ... so i said hey ima go home theater so i got 2 sony ssk90ed towers at costco for 99 each ... i worked there so thats y i got them there and they were cheap i later bought a klipsch 10inch sub ... cant remember the model .. it was a mid range it was like 300 or 400 i dunno thats been like 4 years ago ...
then i wanted a bigger tv ... and i am very into computers so i decided hey a projector would be nice .. i looked into buying .. .and well i dont have that kinda money ... so thats where i found this forum .. well the DIY projector forum so i bought a lcd panel and a OHP overhead projector .. and have not yet built a box but i am getting ok results with the current setup about 120 inch image diagnally .... and i got 150 bucks into it but now im likeing the idea of building my own sub but like iv seen a few other newbs say i can only understand about half what yer all talking about ... so that gets me to my main question with projectors my 150 bucks got me the same quality as a lower end $800 projector if i were to have bought one ... so thats a big diff is that possable with building youre own sub ? i mean can i get $800 sound out of a $150 sub that i built ?

Well that all depends on what kind of a deal you get on your parts, and what components you actually buy.

As the price of the commercial equivilant goes up, the value of building DIY increases(almost exponetially)

For $150 in parts I'd say you could easily build something worth double that in the stores... For $300 you could build something which might retail for over a thousand.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.