small enclosure LT sub options - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th December 2005, 07:51 PM   #1
jteef is offline jteef  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to jteef
Default small enclosure LT sub options

I've been away from audio for a while, but just moved into a new place and bought a fancy new projector. It will be here in a few days and I don't have much of an audio system to go with it yet.

I want to build a small (0.8-1cu ft) sub similar to the REL's I used to like. power for now will be from my leach amp bridged which is good for ~450W to 8 ohm and 550W to 4 ohms. I'm looking for a couple driver suggestions I can use to start modeling. My searching turned up the TC2+ which looks pretty neat and workable, but I'd like to simulate a couple others. budget is up to ~$300 and suggestions should be available for purchase now.

Thanks for the help
Old 9th December 2005, 10:16 PM   #2
justinc is offline justinc  United States
diyAudio Member

I have been modeling up a few very small enclosures myself. So far Ive come up with a couple that could work out very well. Depending on the amp you would be using if it is 4 ohm stable then 2 of the o-audio 10"dvc in a 13" cube. If it is 2ohm stable then 2 dayton RS 10ho. Both cases will need either eq or a linkwitz transform. Im leaning toward 2 pair of the dayton RS to make stereo subs, and powering them by a yamaha p7000s. at 1600w channel it works out about perfectly for their powerhandling. They can also be eq'd flat to 20hz without coming close to exceeding excursion. obviously if you go with a larger enclosure u will need less amp power or could move up to 12" subwoofers instead.
Old 11th December 2005, 10:55 PM   #3
simon5 is offline simon5  Canada
diyAudio Member

I'd check Acoustic Elegance AV12 or AV15.

http://yellow.mynethost.com/~bv126368/shop/catalog/

Hide this!Advertise here!