Sub project-construction technique questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
noah katz said:
A few months ago I did FEA (finite element analysis) of a 16 cu ft sealed box made from 3/4" plywood, for a pair of Avalanche 18 drivers. ... I was hoping to satisfy myself that an unbraced box would be fine.
I've been concerned by some of the things people have said that I'm not planning enough bracing. But that's a size I would have never considered to do w/o bracing, so now maybe I'm not so far off.

I'll just cut to the chase. :) I'm building a box that is a tall slender column: about 15" square by about 36" high, which will contain two 12" drivers, but it will be separated into two separate chambers. So essentially, I'm looking at two 2.1 cu ft boxes with a 12" driver each. But the divider panel in the middle of the column will be arranged at an angle, so the largest panel in each section will be about 25" x 15". All other panels will be smaller than that. So how much bracing would people suggest? Based on the previous recommendation of 6-12" between braces, the 25" panel would need two braces. To me, that seems like overkill for this small of a box. :xeye:

Dry Assembly

Attachments

• dsc01382.jpg
    dsc01382.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 103
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.