Dayton 10" Titanic mkIII vs RSHi-Fi vs RSH-O

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dayton 10" Titanic mkIII vs RSHi-Fi vs RSH-O

i've got a crappy car audio sub, and i'm looking to replace it, but without spending too much money. my amplifier is supplying about 220watts RMS, and thats the acutal wattage, not crappy "2039w" estimates. and as i've been quite interested in fabricating some home speakers, i am familiar with partsexpress.com's offerings.

now, i saw three ten inch subwoofers "sub"-150$, and i was quite impressed with them.

the Dayton Titanic MkIII 10"(TIT280C-4), the Dayton RS Hi-Fi 10" (RSS265HF-4), or the Dayton RS High-Output (RSS265HO-4) any one had any experience with these?

i modeled the high fidelity RS, and it came out to be about the same as a JL w7, though slightly quicker to drop off. on paper, the performance of that sub looked incredible for the money, though the caveat was that it needs a 2.0cuft box. i've got a 944s, which is a hatchback, and trunk space is limited. the high output modeled as similar but with a smaller volume box, though a quicker and steeper dropoff than the HiFi is apparent. i havent been able to check the titanic, though i havent heard anything too great about it. are there any advantages to this subwoofer over the others?

Titanic is good for the higher Xmax, more linear excursion 18.7mm vs 12mm on the Daytons.

Daytons are newer so they got better SQ.

Since you have a car, you'll have alot of room gain, I would use the Hi Fidelity Dayton in a sealed box of the largest size you can tolerate.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.