Slot Port in Corner?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok after a long time lurking here and learning a lot, I've finally got something to post about. Woohoo! :)

I have built several slot port subs lately and they are great. But I always put the port on in the middle of the front, along the bottom piece.

But...I really would like to build one with the port in one corner. Anyone know how much to take from the port length if I am using TWO walls of the box as part of the port instead of just one?

Thanks!!!

You're designing a square slot port?

Use the same rule of thumb, since you have the same box wall / port wall ratio. Before you had one box wall and one port wall with the same lenght, now you have two box walls and two port walls with the same lenght. So add half of the port height to the lenght.

If it's rectangular, then you'll need to approximate a bit, like if it's 3 inches large (you would add 1.5 inches) by 6 inches tall (you would add 3 inches) and then think about the contribution of each one. I guess in that case you would approximate the added lenght to 2.5 inches. (1.5 + 3 + 3) / 3 = 2.5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.