Query regarding "stacking" T-lines

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm building a dedicated Home theater (all speakers DIY) and am up to the fun bit, Bass :smash: .

Here's the plan, 8 budget but competent 12'' drivers each housed in individual T-lines that, when stacked, literally make up the front wall of the room with the projector screen mounted in front. (see attachment)

My question is; is this configuration going to do anything weird? I'm mainly looking at the open end of one line being right next to the driver of another.

I'm using Martin Kings mathcad files for the line design, I have actually already made a single line for one of these drivers (before I had access to the software) that's 3/4 of the planned length and it sounds pretty good.

Attachments

• targa12 tline stack screen.gif
    targa12 tline stack screen.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 169
I'm not overly concerned by the peak, I can either address it electronically or mechanically (or a combination of both)

The drivers can't be offset since they would then end up behind the screen with this setup and the screen isn't acoustically transparent (DIY glass mirror painted screen)

Though with the drivers mounted in the sides rather then the end they will be off set a little anyway. (the test line is similar and it's peak isn't problematic)

What is a potential concern is the physical orientation of the "stack" in the room, and how that will effect the acoustics of the end result. The room is 2.6m H x 3.4m W x 5.2m D (7.8' x 11.1' x 17') Considerable broad band bass trapping will be implimented ,approx 7-10% of room volume (some external to room dimentions)

suggestions/comments appreciated

If Im understanding it all right, it looks like it will be pretty corner loaded. It wouldnt be too shocking to see some room mode issues, further complicated by stereo sub source, but Im no room interaction expert. You cant move the subs much to adjust in this setup. Nevertheless its a neat concept. An infinite baffle or dipole setup might be worth considering as an alternative should this prove too nettlesome.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.