horn-loaded PA subwoofer design for 1x RCF LF 18G401

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I´d like to build a pair of horn-loaded subwoofers for PA use (1x 18" speaker per box). I´ve already build a 600W midrange system (x2), but I feel the need of having a pair of subwoofers... I´ve chosen the RCF 18G401 - they´re not so expensive in Czech Republic (my country) and the parameters are good:

900 W RMS (AES)
98 dB SPL (1W 1m)
Impedance 8 ohm (minimum 5.9 ohm)
Fs 33 Hz
Qms 7.6
Qes 0.30
Qts 0.29
BL 24.6
Mms 182
Vas 268
Sd 0.122
Xmax 8.5
Le1k 2.4
Eff 3.09

more parameters to be found here http://www.rcfaudio.com/VediMacro.phtml?IDMacro=2723&m1=1&m2=0&m3=1_0_2#

Could anyone post here a proven and working box design please?
My collegue (lighting engineer:)) has found few designs from FANE (maybe to be posted later) (W type bass cabinet and folded horn bass cabinets), but I haven´t a clue whenever they could work with these speakers...So I´m asking you, men!

Another question: many manufacturers use two hornloaded subwoofer designs - longthrow and medium throw, does anybody know the difference?

thx a lot!

Killer

Thx for help guys, I think I'm gonna build two pcs of 186 horn loaded systems, it seems powerful and interesting. Or is there anyone else having seen/build another interesting design? Tell us, everybody would appreciate that, isn't that true?

Killer (just a nickname given by friends, actually I don't now why I have been given that crap, but I'm used to, so don't be afraid of anything, ughh:D)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.