Help me design a simple HT box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all. Before I ask my question I want to say that I did do some searching on this subject but I really didn't come up with a simple answer. I just got a Shiva and a 250W plate amp and all I need now is a plain and simple idea for a box to put the sub in. The room the sub will be sitting in is 12'x12'. I would like the sub to sound good when either watching movies or listening to music. I've read about people using the Shiva's in both sealed and ported boxes for HT use. If anyone could help me out that would be great. Thanks.

Matt:xeye::headbash:

After reading the WinIsd tutorial and playing around with it for a while, I've decided I'm not smart enough to figure it out. All I managed was a major headache. I still can't decided if I want a sealed box or a ported box tuned say 22Hz since I find that most people tune theirs between 20-25Hz. If I do go ported I wil either use a 3" or 4" flared port tube. My question is which port will yield the best results (I don't want the risk of port noise)? I remember seeing different box plans for the Shiva on Adire's website but since they re-did the site they are no longer available.:scratch:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.