Replacement 12" Subwoofer in ACI Saturn enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Replacement 12" Subwoofer in ACI Saturn enclosure

I asked this question last year and I had pretty much settled on the Adire DPL12 until I found out they were discontinued!!! Ugh!
So now I ask your assistance again.
I have an ACI Saturn enclosure (two of them, actually) that are approximately 77 liters (2.7 cu ft)ea. They are sealed enclosures. The driver position is down-firing (So drivers like the Peerless 830500 are unsuitable because their sag is greater than 5% using the Parts Express calculator: 24849/(Xmax x (Fs x Fs)) - Is this valid?

I would like to get a 12" subwoofer that is best suited for this enclosure for HT AND music.
Suggestions for a $500 - $600 max(for a pair)???

Or should I just stick with my refoamed woofers?

TIA

Replacement 12" Driver for ACI SUBWOOFER

Well, the AV12 certainly looks attrctive.
Am I trading Xmax/output for clean output. OK, a more direct way of saying this: Am I going the boom box route with this sub? I would prefer to sacrifice output for high fidelity (ie low distortion and accuracy) since I do have 2 subs and they are going in a relatively small room.
Hpw does the AV12 compare to the Dayton RSS315HF-4 or the Sonicraft SC1250 or how about the TC Sounds TC2+

Some guys have been saying that the TC drivers are overmotered for a small sealed sub in a car. The av12 is definately not trading fidelity for spl. If anything id say the av12 probably has better SQ than a shiva(dvc12).

if i were you i would DEFINATELY go for the av12s, two of those sealed...with enough power are going to be intensely loud and sound clear as a bell (one hell of a bell that can do 20hz @105 db...)

AE Speakers AE12 Quality

Thanks for all the input. For my enclosure, the AE12 does look better than the Dayton.
The only other issue that would concern me is it's durability/quality. It looks like a small operation that, depending on the owners, can be a huge asset or a detriment.
Does anyone have any experience with failures of the AE12?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.